Women have always been concerned about the appearance of their hair. They do just about anything to keep them strong, full and shiny. Due to these facts, they decide to use expensive masks, creams, special wraps or consult their trusted hairdressers three or four times a week, spending a huge amount of money. Today, I would like to demonstrate how a few home remedies (the so called “grandma remedies”), can be obtained by using natural products only, which without a doubt are not only good for your hair, but also for your wallet!
Tips to avoid hair damage
In order to obtain an attractive look, the majority of women use shampoos, conditioners, masks, sprays, lacquers, gels, plates, hair dryers, curling and many other chemical substances or tools that are harmful. Mainly due to the fact that thermal heat and products that have silicones have a high risk of compromising our scalps.
So, which home ingredients can we use to fully restore the hair from its root?
It has been discovered that our diet and our life style, has a positive impact not only on our skin, but also on the health of our hair. In conclusion, a healthy and balanced diet can contribute to strengthen our tired and brittle hair, turning it into healthy and strong again.
Five natural remedies
- Olive Oil: Use one spoon of olive oil to apply on the root and two spoons to put on the lengths of the hair. Leave the compress at least overnight, repeat this procedure at least once or twice a month and you should be able to see the results. Olive oil nourishes and strengthens the hair and also purifies it from the root to the very deep of the scalp.
- Infusion of Rosemary and Salvia: In a saucepan of hot water (not too hot), add a sprig of rosemary and some salvia leaves and let it infuse for about fifteen or twenty minutes. Then use the brew like a shampoo, gently massage the skin and the hair tips, and leave it on for about an hour. Rinse thoroughly and proceed with a classic shampoo.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut Oil has a strengthening action for hair and is an excellent remedy against hair loss, but to get the results you need, it is necessary to use it at least three or four times a week, by applying a few drops only on the lengths.
- Egg yolk: In this case, you must leave it on your head for an hour, after which you can proceed with normal washing, always using delicate products instead of aggressive ones. The yolk nourishes the root and it has the function of degreasing and to making your hair bright again.
- Aloe gel: After washing your hair, apply a small amount of aloe gel that needs to be left on for a few minutes. Then, gently rinse. This very special plant, has oil that can be extracted from its leaf. As a result, it is capable of refreshing your scalp and let it breathe, untie the knots, but above all it is a good ally for all hair that is brittle, dull and fat, by providing a lot of light and strength.